Sometimes state and local governments, their employees, and others who act on their behalf engage in negligent acts and practices that result in property damage, personal injuries, and even wrongful death. When this happens, you need an experienced Los Angeles government liability law firm to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
The idea of suing a city, county, police department, school district, or other local government entity may seem daunting and feel like an uphill battle. However, if one of these entities causes you or a loved one to suffer personal injuries or wrongful death, they can be held accountable for their actions. The Javid Trial Firm is an experienced Los Angeles government liability law firm that will fight for you and help balance the scales.
At The Javid Trial Firm, we have successfully handled numerous cases against local government entities for damages arising from dangerous conditions on public property (i.e., potholes, dangerous roadway conditions, and road design errors). If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of state or local government negligence, contact The Javid Trial Firm - your Los Angeles government liability law firm - for a free consultation.
Government Liability Claims
A person who suffers injuries or wrongful death due to the negligent or other wrongful action of a local government employee can, under certain circumstances, file a lawsuit for compensation under state and federal laws. Some common claims that a local government entity may be held liable for include:
- Car accident claims against government entities arising from motor vehicle accidents caused by government employees operating motor vehicles in the course of their duties.
- Negligent supervision claims against parks, school districts, and recreational programs for injuries resulting from the negligent supervision of children.
- Premises liability claims like slips, trips, and falls, and other accidents that happen in government buildings.
- Wrongful death claims against fire departments, EMTs, and local government entities for negligent or reckless acts resulting in your or a loved one's wrongful death.
- Defective roadways claims for poorly designed roadways, defective crosswalks, uneven sidewalks, failure to install guardrails, and other conditions that give rise to injuries.
Other common claims against local entities and police departments include claims for personal injuries, wrongful death, and violations of civil rights arising out of police officers' use of excessive force, unauthorized shootings, and wrongful arrest. At The Javid Trial Firm, we stand ready and able to represent victims of police misconduct.
Government Liability Results
The Javid Trial Firm has a proven track record of securing results for our clients in government liability cases. Recent success includes:
- $6 million - Government Liability
If you or a loved one were injured by a local government entity, contact our Los Angeles government liability law firm today for a free consultation.